Commuting to work in the morning barefoot for One Day Without Shoes consisted of:
- 2 very cold standing bus rides.
- 1 walk across a very nice, very soft grass patch
- uncountable stares (including a lady who pointed at my feet, whispered to her friend and then shook her head in disapproval, haha)
- 1 very cute kid who asked if I lost my shoes.
- 15 minutes of uncomfortable asphalt.
- 1 “oww, what the hell!” wince
- the realization that Singaporean sidewalks are more uncomfortble for the footsies than the road.
- surprisingly not-too-dirty soles
- and the understanding that it really is hard without shoes.