Yesterday evening, it was pouring. I don’t know how I managed to make it for yoga after that full day of first aid training, in time and not drenched at that (and thankfully I did, or I would have missed out on my first time balancing in hand stand for a good 5 seconds without the wall!). By the time I got home, it was 8pm and I was starving. So I rummaged through the fridge, found an avocado that was going a little soft and remembered reading about this 15 minute creamy avocado pasta. And a short time after, I was digging into a bowl of creamy deliciousness. This pasta is so good, it’s pretty much like eating pasta coated in guacamole and since I have an ongoing lovelove relationship with avocadoes, I pretty much died on first bite.
Here is a general recipe for what I did, you can pretty much substitute most of the ingredients like pasta or the accompanying vegetables, or omit stuff like basil or cheese:
- Ingredients: Linguine, 1 avocado, the juice of 1/2 a lemon, basil, 1 clove of garlic, shredded cheese, a drizzle of olive oil, peas and carrots.
- Boil pasta in a pot of boiling water until al dente.
- Boil peas and carrots. (I like to boil mine together with the pasta but only throw them in the last few minutes – saves pots & washing!)
- In the meantime, make avocado cream by blending together the avocado, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, basil.
- Once pasta is done, toss with avocado cream and cheese.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
That’s it! Sounds easy, right? Well, it is! Have fun!